Sunday, March 28, 2010

TWISTED SISTER ATC Theme COMFORT FOOD

The theme for this ATC exchange was comfort food. Not just the food, but also where you might eat this food. So for my ATC I stamped a bee hive and embossed it in gold to look like honey was dripping out of it. As a child in Germany, my Oma's neighbor keep bees in his yard. When we used to walk our dog passed his house, he would invite us in. If he was working with the bee hives during honey harvest, we always went home with a jar of golden goodness for our breakfast rolls. I can close my eyes and still remember the sweet smell of honey surrounded by smoky overtones to keep the bees confused...memories are a good thing. My grandson Cole love to have honey in his afternoon tea...he always asks for a spoonful just to pop into his mouth! Honey is the only food that will never spoil...they found some in the tombs of the ancient Egyptians.

No comments: