Monday, January 26, 2009

ES WEIHNACHTET WEIHNACHTET SEHR!!

There is no better feeling during the Christmas season than to have a breath of the old country come gently into cottage. My German friends Stefanie and Birgit delight me through out the year with their swaps. At Weihnachten I especially welcome their mail no matter how long I have to wait for the post office to bring it! Good things are so worth waiting for. Our ATC swap had four themes: Santa Claus, Angels, Toys and Gingerbread. Here are Stefanie's ATC's and gifts.

Pretty tissue paper image...much too pretty for my nose!

Stefanie sent me this vintage ice skate but I can not find the second one! At least I will not twist my ankle on the ice...

Angels, angels, angels everywhere...

A feast in delicious chocolates...

Handmade wooden ornaments from the Ore Mountain region of Germany famous for it's handcrafts for hundred of years... Stefanie's sewn ATC folder and hand crafted card on the pretty table topper she sent along... Such a delicate wood carved delight of Christmas magic.... Stefanie's gingerbread theme ATC made with a felted heart! Felting...I need to learn how to do this!! Vintage style is Stefanie's trade mark!!
Santa, toys and gingerbread=Christmas delights
Stefanie's ATC's came to me in this clever sewn ATC holder that fits perfect on my wall! I love these book marks with the German calendar on them. Now I will never miss an important date again. They depict images from the book 'The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady' by Edith Holden. How did she know I would love this so? I have my dinner set in this pattern and bought the book way back in 1978!
This pretty angel holds a tag and ATC's. The good luck stone will keep the heavenly host close in my pocket...Vielen Dank Stefanie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I´m glad the package is not lost!!!!
Es freut mich sehr, dass dir alles gefällt.
I´m still working on our ATCs!!!
Have a great weekend!

Barbara Jean said...

What a grand treasure of beautiful things.

I've entered you in my nest giveaway!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean
PS Your profile write u is adorable!