Saturday, September 29, 2012

MOONLIGHT PARTY UNDER THE BIG TOP...

WELCOME...STEP INSIDE PLEASE...
Please visit Wendy by clicking here...she will give you a ticket to the circus!  Did you stop at the fortune tellers booth before you leave...her name is Madam Lasagna.  She has traveled the world and no one really knows where she is from...
 When I was a growing up in Bavaria I often got to go to the circus with my Opa when it came to town...Germany has many famous circus'...Knie, Hagenbeck and Zirkus Krone.  There are no three rings...only one so you never miss anything.
 my favorite act was always one with horses in it...white horses to be sure!
These have been some of my favorite circus posters I have collected...
 so step under my big top and see the amazing sights that will dazzle your mind!
 through the fiery hoop jumps the king of beasts
 the silly monkeys will make you laugh
the elephants will astound you with their grace
 and the best act of all will be the horses!
 Under the big top of the tin I keep these precious horses...they have enchanted me since I was in the third grade
 they do not mind living in a circus cookie tin
 as long as they can come out and play sometime...
 the circus comes to town...

 this trio of ATC was made my my friend Penny...
 here she is with her husband Sir Knight...they are both real clowns and have delighted hundreds with their  antics
I hope you have enjoyed the show...

7 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

Thank you- I had a wonderful time!
When I was young we would see the circus every spring. As I got older I would be allowed to go watch them set up and after high school I ran away with one for a summer.
I have so many wonderful memories and you brought them back to life.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I WANT her dress! Love the colors and the ruffles. What a wonderful gown. I want to see her twirl and entertain as people clap to her grace ;-)

Wendy Aspinall said...

thank you your circus is magical and I love your white horse .. it looks just like the ones you see at the circus ... and your doll is fabulous


¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´ ¸.•´¸.•*¨`*. ¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*•
(¸¸¸.•*¨`*•.•´*.¸.•´* .•´*¸¸.•*¨`*• ♥♥ hugs wendy

Carmen said...

I love your eclectic collection of circus memorabilia!!! Thank you for your creative presentation. :-)

Come on over to my moonlit Circus:
http://www.moonlyf.com/2012/09/moonlight-party-under-big-top.html

Unknown said...

Wow what a unique and wonderful collection of circus posters you have. Those are a true treasure, next to your memories.

Madame Lasagna is wonderful!

Great Post
Hugs
Caroline

Birgit said...

Oh yes -- lovely memories of Zirkus Krone. :)

Greetings from Munich,
Birgit

Unknown said...

Wonderful circus. You have a great collection of circus posters.