Saturday, September 10, 2011

WELCOME TO MY GYPSY DREAMS...



When I was a small girl, I lived in Bavaria with my Oma and Opa. I often went mushroom hunting with my Opa in the beautiful thick forests...treading over the many kinds of mosses in search of the treasures. I can close my old eyes now and see the beetles and lizards we found and brought home...most of all I can remember the smell of the pine needles and fallen oak leaves. The beds of moss were so soft and felt like pillows. One day my best friend Monika and I decided we would run away and live in the woods like gypsies. I had an old goat cart that would be pulled by the pony we would take along from the neighbors pasture. We would pack it full of blankets and live off the berries and mushrooms we found. Oh I remember the dreams that little girl had...they are still alive and now I enjoy creating them in my artwork...deep down inside we are all little dreamers...and that is a good thing!


FORTUNE TELLERS COTTAGE...
FORTUNE TELLERS COTTAGE...
ROMANTIC GYPSY...
ROMANTIC GYPSY...
this link will show you the magical gypsy vanner horses that once were breed to pull the colorful vans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JEnzBHPjE&feature=related
this link will inform you about some of the history of the gyspy and more of the wonderful horses http://www.bigskygypsy.com/Gypsy%20History.htm

Thank you dear Celia for letting me hitch my wagon in your beautiful meadow for this lovely get together...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful party. I had a great time.
Have a magical day.

Wendy Aspinall said...

Wow beautiful stunning images and story... I loved it and thank you for sharing... magical hugs wendy

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Lovely post, sweet memories shared.....thanks so much. I'd like to invite you to come to Ye Olde Crone's Gazette and see our Gypsy Dream. Thanks, Oma Linda (yep another Oma)

Pellie / Penny said...

Karla,
What magical pictures you have created for this party. They delight my eyes and my heart.
thank you so much for sharing your dreams and visions with all of us as we celebrate our Gypsy spirits.

Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your childhood dreams and posting such pretty pictures. May all your Gypsy Dreams come true!

Celia said...

What beautiful, magical and enchanting pictures! I just LOVE that little girls outfit...I want one for me!! Thank you so much for participating!!

Anonymous said...

oh gosh...it was grand here and so whimiscal...blessings my friend...blessings!!!

Petunia said...

Karla these gypsy images are all so dreamy and beautiful, and I love your story about dreaming of running away into the woods with your goat cart! Thank you so much for sharing and hold on to those gypsy dreams ♥

Anna

Jane K said...

Wonderful images, your art work is lovely. Your gypsy spirit shine through.

frith and wishes
J x

Tamara said...

What a wonderful post and thank you so much for sharing your gypsy dreams. :)

Georgie Horn said...

My mother, also from Germany, would hunt for mushrooms in the forest. Lovely memory!

Sara said...

wonderful post. I envy you going mushroom picking. I loved the images. Hugs Sara

Susan said...

Beautiful images! thanks for a great post!
Susan

Birgit said...

I felt like walking right beside you in that forest. Well, it might be that I actually live in Bavaria, hah! From where you are originally?

Sweet gypsy dreams,
Birgit

Celia said...

Hi! Please email me....you were picked as one of my giveaway winners and the email address attached to your account wouldn't go through.

Birgit said...

Hi there,

Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

Post Secret
Walt Disney Confessions

Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit