Saturday, October 10, 2009

BIRGIT's package of treasures for the Cat's & Bird's swap...

My dearest friend Birgit knew just what would sooth my homesick heart, so she sent me these vintage postcards of my hometown Augsburg in her swap package. Yes, there were some tiny happy tears... All of her treasures were wrapped in pink papers and in delicate shades of rose from the ribbons to the delicate patterned cut our flower blossoms. Even the tissue has roses on it.
One of the things I love so much about all of my dear friends, Stefanie, Anja and Birgit is that each one of them sent me some kind of delicious German chocolates with their thoughtfully selected treasures. Birgits's tea is called Balance and the other is Lighthearted..yummy fruit flavors so right for a chilly autum evening. Such a cute altered tin with birds all in pink and a pretty dress to wear to Miss Peach's wedding on Halloween for me along with a vintage rose pin.
This rose covered box held all the many candies. Look at the pretty footed planter...have you ever seen such shabby chic roses on blue before? A perfect place to display all the pretty ATC's.
Here is the rose pin on my mother of the bride dress...
She never forgets to include the most wonderful napkins and papers...
A vintage photo confection...
And now for Birgit's ATC's....A meowing trio....
Miss Wings...on vintage paper I like so well.
Nice touch of ribbon stamping, aCATually on lace. Very tricky to do...
Sleeping cats seldom get into trouble as they dream of dinner...
Birgit's trio of fine feathered friends...
This is my favorite ATC. Birgit has such a fine way of shading her colors that I so admire. I just love this delicate graduation of the rose shades.
Sweet little wren...true king. I love the crown stamp and have looked for one just like this for such a long time.
A happy family in blue...
Thank you so much liebe Birgit for all of you kindly selected treasures. My heart is happy and I look forward to our Halloween Paperdoll Swap!

1 comment:

Etha said...

Hiu Karla,
thanks so much for the wonderful BOO ATC that arrived in my mailbox!! I absolutely love it, what a great surprise that was :)